Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

need help with a 2500 wireless controller

Hi all,

we just bought a wireless controller that we have some problems with where i hope someone could help me with,

here is what we have:

1 X AIR-CT2504-K9

3 x AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9

1 x AIR-CAP3502I-E-K9

the problem we have is that clients keep disconnecting from the nearest access point, but after some min. it reconnects but then windows says that there are no internet connection, few min. later the internet connection is back but then the internet connection (ping google.com) it very high.

and the other problem that we have is that clients from wifi cant see the client on lan and the other way around.

i have attach the conf file that i have pulled from the controller incase that someone could take some time and look if the conf is correct or if i need to do some changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Here are some of my recommendations. 

Only connect port 1 on the WLC unplug the rest

Disable: AAA Policy Override.............................. Enabled

Disable: Session Timeout.................................. 1800 seconds <-- set this to 0

You also have high interference/noise in the area by UNIT and Polycom on the 2.4ghz

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
20 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: need help with a 2500 wireless controller

the problem we have is that clients keep disconnecting from the nearest access point, but after some min. it reconnects but then windows says that there are no internet connection, few min. later the internet connection is back but then the internet connection (ping google.com) it very high.

and the other problem that we have is that clients from wifi cant see the client on lan and the other way around.

Can you ensure the drivers for the wireless NIC are up-to-date?  Do NOT go to the laptop manufacturing website to download the drivers.   The reason because a lot of wireless client manufacturer's website (HP is a good example) contain very out-dated drivers.

Go to the website of the wireless NIC manufacturer.

Do this first and see if there are any changes. 

Hi,

I have tried that, been at Intel.com for update and they all are up to date.

The problem occurs with all the brands that I have tried with so far(Lenovo, hp, Mac and so on) even tried with different OS but it's still the same..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hall of Fame Super Gold

The problem occurs with all the brands that I have tried with so far(Lenovo, hp, Mac and so on) even tried with different OS but it's still the same..

Are the wireless card drivers up-to-date?

Yes they are..

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Alright ...

Identify one of the clients and on the WLC, post the output to this command:  sh client detail

Is there any way that I can export it to a txt file rather then copy past all the lines?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Is there any way that I can export it to a txt file rather then copy past all the lines?

Sure you can.  You can log the output to a text file.  If you run PuTTY, Hyperterminal or SecureCRT there are options to do so. 

Post your show run-config if you can also. Mask out your username and password.

-Scott

Hi Scott and Leo,

I have just attach both the sh client and the run-config output.

Here are some of my recommendations. 

Only connect port 1 on the WLC unplug the rest

Disable: AAA Policy Override.............................. Enabled

Disable: Session Timeout.................................. 1800 seconds <-- set this to 0

You also have high interference/noise in the area by UNIT and Polycom on the 2.4ghz

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Just disable the AAA Policy override, i also have tried disabling the Session timeout and set the value to 0 but when i make a "show wlan 1" i then shows:

Session Timeout.................................. 86400 seconds

what can i do to fixe the problems with the interference/noise on UNIT and Polycom AP?

the port 1 on the WLC is patched to the netowork switch and the rest 2-4 are connected to the AP's,

do you still need me to unplug the rest of the cables.?

Oh... AP's connected directly really don't work too well. You really need to put a switch in line and the AP's and WLC should connect to the switch.

-Scott

But why is there then 4 port on the WLC?
And why can't I disable the session time?

Emrullah,

They used the same hardware for their ASA5505.  As you can see, the AP's do join the WLC, but support for them on the WLC varies... with the new code, TAC does support AP's being connected, but in best practice, too many issues.  Older code versions, it's not supported and maybe they removed the support for the new code.  Put a switch inline and use that and that will help a lot.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2104303

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,
Okay I will do that's the first thing Monday morning, but can you tell me if I have done anything wrong regarding the Session time issue, can't seem to disable it.
And is there anything else that I have to change in my configuration file?
What's best plug the WLC and AP's on the same switch as the LAN or should I invest in a new switch that's only for the wireless?

Well you can uncheck session timeout also. Try that and test.

-Scott

Okay, I will also try and disable that and let it run for 1-2 weeks and tell how I runs.. Thank you very much so far

Hi Scott,
Thank you very much it seems to have fixed the problem that we were having.

Good to know! Thanks for the follow up!

-Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies