Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need to log into Mobility Sevices Engine

Hi Everyone.

Sorry if anyone already addressed this issue before. I just can't find it.

The preious wireless technician left our company and didn't leave the password. Now we need to re-ip the WCS, WLC and MSE. The only problem left is with the MSE.

From the WCS, I can see the username for the MSE is admin, and the password shows asterisks.

Also from Security Index Detailed Report in the WCS, I can see the following description,

Device Security Issue: Mobility Service Engine  Mobility Services Engine user has default password configured. 
Security Solution: Configure strong password for the users on the Mobility Services Engine

I did a research and from this link (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/6.0/CAS/configuration/guide/msecg_ch2_CAS.html), it's saying "

The default username and password are both admin. "

However when I tried to SSH to this MSE(model# 3310), MSE asked for username and password. I put admin/admin there and got an error mesage of "password authentication failed". I am thinking there is another default password for this MSE. Anybody can help? I don't want to go through the password recovery process. Another question is that if anybody can point me a link of how to change the IP address of the MSE.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Robert

• Getting Started with Wireless
1 REPLY

Need to log into Mobility Sevices Engine

Robert,

If you don't have the password, then you'll have to go through the recovery process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/quick/guide/mse_qsgmain.html#wp1053115

To change the IP, you can go through the setup script once you can get in.

/opt/bin/setup.sh

IIRC

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.