Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to purchase 10 additional AP licenses for CISCO 2504 WLAN controller

Hi

I want to add additional 10 AP on 2504 controller . On portal (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/2500-series-wireless-controllers/data_sheet_c78-645111.html) I can see there is provision to buy 1,5 ans 25 AP license . I would need only 10 , so in this scenario is it possible that I can purchase 2 L-LIC-CT2504-5A licences or cisco can give me one customised license for 10 AP.

Let me know so that i can manage accordingly.Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Shiva

10 Replies 10

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can not buy a wlc with 10 AP licence directly.

what you can do is:

1. Buy AIR-CT2504-5-K9: 2500 Series Wireless Controller for up to 5 Cisco access points plus you can buy a 5 AP adder licence(L-LIC-CT2504-5A).

or

2. Buy a AIR-CT2504-15-K9: 2500 Series Wireless Controller for up to 15 Cisco access points

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify , we have initially purchased 2504 WLC with 25 licenses . We now have a requirement of additional 10 APs but the problem here is that only 1,5 and 25 AP adder license pack is available as per the article .There is no mention of 10 adder licenses in there.

So my question here is is it possible that I can purchase 2 L-LIC-CT2504-5A licences and install them one after another for effectively getting 10 APs or cisco can give me one customised license for 10 AP.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

Shiva

First: yes there is only 1,5 and 25 AP adder license available for 2504 wlc.

yes you can buy 2 , 5 AP adder licence(L-LIC-CT2504-5A) and install them.

Regards

Hi Sandeep

Thanks for your clarification.

Shiva

If you are satisfied with the answer then please mark it as answered.

Regards

Purchasing 2x L-LIC-CT2504-5A just buys you two 5AP licenses for a total of 10 APs - this is right.

What you're missing is that you don't "install them one after another".  You can only have one key at a time on the appliance.

So what you need to do after purchasing the new adder licenses is to take the Product Activation Keys (PAKs) you get back for the new licenses, and have these applied (added) to your existing license - http://www.cisco.com/go/license .

Once you've been to that page and submitted the PAKs you will get a single new license key file back for 25+10=35 APs - which you then apply to your appliance.

Hello, Shiva. Looks like everyone here already nailed the answer very well. If you have additional concerns or need local Cisco support/quote, feel free to send me an e-mail at adawa@cisco.com. Kind regards. 

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Below AP license available for 2504 controller

Table 3. Ordering Information for Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controllers

Part Number

Description

Cisco SMARTnet® 8x5xNBD

AIR-CT2504-5-K9

2500 Series Wireless Controller for up to 5 Cisco access points

CON-SNT-CT255

AIR-CT2504-15-K9

2500 Series Wireless Controller for up to 15 Cisco access points

CON-SNT-CT2515

AIR-CT2504-25-K9

2500 Series Wireless Controller for up to 25 Cisco access points

CON-SNT-CT2525

AIR-CT2504-50-K9

2500 Series Wireless Controller for up to 50 Cisco access points

CON-SNT-CT2550

AIR-CT2504-HA-K9*

Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controller for High Availability

CON-SNT-CT2504HA

* Please note AIR-CT2504-HA-K9 does not support access point and client stateful switchover.

so you will have to buy either controller with 5 license or with 15 license

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per the rules and norms of Cisco sales, you cannot buy 10 additional AP licenses for CISCO 2504 WLAN controller.

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

No Cisco will not allow any custom licenses you have to select for the standared offers 1,15,25 or 50.

**********Do rate helpful posts*************************

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card