Views
Helpful
Replies

need to reboot AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9 daily

Duc Vu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have several AP units with this module but one of them needs to be rebooted daily in order for users to connect to network. We did replace the unit but new one is still acting the same. Please advise. Thank you very much for all advises.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, your image is very recent. Probably your issue is caused by a bug. I suggest you to contact the TAC.

Probably your 1242 is a Lightweight model and it is made to operate with the Wireless Lan Controller type Unified deployment. You can convert it to Autonomous or Standalone mode to have a CLI IOS.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

What is the IOS version of units? Is the same for new and replaced device?

Try updating  the firmware. Many bugs are fixed in latest IOS.

As workaround you can configure a daily reboot using kron CLI:

kron occurrence EVERY_DAY at 0:00 recurring

policy-list RELOAD

!

kron policy-list RELOAD

cli write

cli reload

Regards.

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for jumping in to help. My version is : c1240-k9w8.124-25e.JAM2. If need to update firmware, which image should I download ?

About the work around, I cannot find the parameter "kron occurence ...". As matter of fact, I cannot issue command "conf t" so please educate me a bit more. Thanks again.

Hi, your image is very recent. Probably your issue is caused by a bug. I suggest you to contact the TAC.

Probably your 1242 is a Lightweight model and it is made to operate with the Wireless Lan Controller type Unified deployment. You can convert it to Autonomous or Standalone mode to have a CLI IOS.

Regards.

Thanks, Daniele.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card