Helpful
Replies

need to swith allmy AP from 1 WLC to the backup one

bouchal-38
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 WLC: 1 primary and 1 bckp.

How can i do to switch temporarly all my APs which are attached to the Primary to the Backup WLC?

a reboot is it the only way?

In fact i need to add the Country code for Japan, and in order to do that, i need to stop the radio 802.11 A and B, that will cause a lot's of problem if i keep the AP on this controler. This is the reason why i need to change those AP to the bck controler....

Tx for your answer.

B

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You do not need to reboot the primary WLC.

Just configure the primary wlc ip of backup as per this post.

Wireless > Access Points > All APs > Select AP > High Availability Configuration and put IP and name of backup as primary.

http://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/ap-failover/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

hello and thanx for this answer, but this is exactly what i want to avoid because i have more than 200 APs!!!

any other idea?

Hi,

If you have WCS or NCS(Prime INfra) then it would probably be easy to just push a new AP Configuration template which sets the primary WLC (and IP) to be Bckp. You can always push the template back to correct the configuration when you are ready.

I dont thik so there is any other way to do it.

Regards

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How can i do to switch temporarly all my APs which are attached to the Primary to the Backup WLC?

The fastest way is to use CLI.  

how can i do it with the CLI? 

I do not have Prime or any other tool except the WLC.

how can i do it with the CLI? 

The command to move an AP from one WLC to another WLC (using CLI) is:  

config ap primary-base [WLC name] [AP Name] [WLC Management IP address]

So what you do is put all of your AP names in a spreadsheet and concatenate.  Once the complete command is generated, you cut-and-paste into the CLI and watch the APs move to the 2nd WLC.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card