cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need urgent help configuring Aironet 2600. Can't access GUI

gsosa19702
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. We recently purchased a couple of Aironets 2600 for a small deployment.

I am new to this platform and as far I know, I can simply deploy the Aironets even without a LAN Controller.

When I connect the Aironet to a switch (POE), it powers-on and gets an IP from my main router/firewall. However, I can't access the Aironet web-based UI at all. I can ping it buut that's all.

Tried the console and see a lot of rolling messages complaining about trying to find a LAN Controller.

I have a LAN Controller if it's needed but I was really trying to keep this simple and just deploy the two Aironets with the same SSID.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to convert the access points to standalone.  If you wanted to use them as standalone ap's, you should of purchased the standalone model.  You will have to download the  image and convert the ap's.

Image you need: ap3g2-k9w7-tar.152-4.JA1.tar

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

That is the problem. You need a support contract. I would either return the AP's and get the autonomous or maybe open a TAC case and tell them you just purchased these AP's and need the file to convert them.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to convert the access points to standalone.  If you wanted to use them as standalone ap's, you should of purchased the standalone model.  You will have to download the  image and convert the ap's.

Image you need: ap3g2-k9w7-tar.152-4.JA1.tar

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

Stupid question: How can I download the tar you indicated? I don't have a support contract. We purchased the Aironets from a major reseller and I don't think I can download from CSC without a support contract.

Thanks again.

That is the problem. You need a support contract. I would either return the AP's and get the autonomous or maybe open a TAC case and tell them you just purchased these AP's and need the file to convert them.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thank you again. Will do.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card