Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need Wireless Controller for AIR CAP-3502I Access Points

I have about a dozen CAP-3502I access points.  My controller died, so im looking for an inexpensive replacement.  I thought a WLC4402 would work, but it was on software version 4 ,and needs to be updated to version 7 to work with my access points.  The problem is that this is a second hand setup, so we dont have support contracts on anything.  Cisco wont sell upgrades or support the WLC4402, so that isnt going to work.  I have an AIR WLC-2125 that i know worked before it died, but my concern is, if i find a replacement 2125, will it have old software that needs to be updated, putting me right in the same boat im in now.

I have a 2811 router, and im also looking at a wireless control module for that device.  I found the NME-AIR-WLC25-K9, which specifically says it will work with the 2811 router.  Will this be able to talk to my access points?  Ive not yet found the documentation defining what access points it will talk to with the standard configuration.  If not, what are my options for a controller thats not going to cost $5k or more, to control these access points.

My last option would be to configure them all to autonomous mode, but i cant even download the IOS version for that either, because they dont have a service contract.  Im running out of options and would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Yes, the NME-AIR-WLC is

Yes, the NME-AIR-WLC is supported with 7.0 code

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn70mr5.html#pgfId-784122

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks, Steve!  So if i buy

Thanks, Steve!  So if i buy the NME-AIR-WLC and install it in my 2811 router, will it need an upgrade to code 7.0, or does it come pre-installed with this version of the software?  If it doesnt, does Cisco still offer the SmartNet contract on the NME-AIR-WLC?

Thanks!!

VIP Purple

Hi,Here is the link to

Hi,

Here is the link to compare all cisco WLC types. I think 2504 will be the most suited according to your budget.

If all these AP in single wiring closet, then even 3650 switch would be also an option where this switch has an integrated WLC.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies