Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Your Help 5508 WLC works unnormally

Dears,

We have 2 WLC 5508, one of them is Active and other on is in Standby,  we have a strange issue, sometimes wireless signal from AP(2602) shows as

AD-HOC on Laptops, there is no error or something WLC shows us, what can be the reason, we using 7.4.100.0 Firmware

Another issue when i testing High Availiability, i turn off Active, some APs resetting and after 2-3 minutes again register on WLC

Is that firmware or what ?

Please help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

7.4.100.0 is NOT a stable code at all... Highly recommended to move out of it.. go for 7.4.121.0 . Below list few bugs we encounter with this code.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/02/10/day-0-with-wlc-7-4-code/ 

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Rasika.  

Either upgrade to 7.4.121.X or 7.6.130.X.  I don't even want to bother troubleshooting anything with this version of firmware currently being used.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

I can provide any info you will need

7.4.100.0 is NOT a stable code at all... Highly recommended to move out of it.. go for 7.4.121.0 . Below list few bugs we encounter with this code.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/02/10/day-0-with-wlc-7-4-code/ 

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I will update it and will tell you the results

At least 4 days i upgraded WLC, it is working stable at this moment

That's sounds like "issue is fixed". 4 days stability is good indication for the same.

Anyway monitor it for long & let us know if any issues

HTH

Rasika

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Rasika.  

Either upgrade to 7.4.121.X or 7.6.130.X.  I don't even want to bother troubleshooting anything with this version of firmware currently being used.

Upgraded to 7.100.121.x, now it works normal, im monitoring it via logs and debugging

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: