Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New system advice

I want to purchase a new system comprised of 19 APs across a WAN consisting of 5 locations. I have a couple of questions. Is there any advantage of going with the 5500 series controller over the 4400 series? I want   b, g and n coverage. Other than that, I need basic wireless and possibly a mobile phone or three. We are in existing Cisco networks with 3560 PoE switches in place and have a Cisco VOIP phone system. Traffic and number of users is expected to be light. We also have 2800 routers at each location.This will be in a government facility with high security standards also.

I'm currently looking at

Cisco 4402-25 controller

Cisco Aironet 1252 AG controllers

Is this compatible and will it do what I want?

Is there a cheaper AP that will do b, g and n?

Please chime in with any other advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

New system advice

Joe,

yes that would work,  but the 1252 requires a higher power requirement than the standard 802.3af, and the 4402 is now EOS.

So I would recommend you go with:

WLC 5508-25

Cisco AP1142, a/b/g/n , internal antenna and 802.3af power

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
4 REPLIES

New system advice

Joe,

yes that would work,  but the 1252 requires a higher power requirement than the standard 802.3af, and the 4402 is now EOS.

So I would recommend you go with:

WLC 5508-25

Cisco AP1142, a/b/g/n , internal antenna and 802.3af power

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Gold

New system advice

1250 is EoS too.

New system advice

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer my questions. That was very helpful. Still fighting the budget battle but that was the informatin I needed to proceed.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

New system advice

You can choose the 1042 WAP.  It's cheaper than the 1142 but it will only support 2 x 3 MIMO (1142 will support 3 x 3 MIMO).   Like the 1142, the 1042 support 802.11 a/b/g/n.

Views
Helpful
Replies