cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Wireless Controller

sprocket10
Level 2
Level 2

We have several wireless controllers on various sites which are working. We have recently installed a new wireless controller on a site but no clients can connect. The wireless controller seems to be setup exactly the same and the rest and authenticates through the same IAS server.

IAS logs are showing access granted

Wireless controller clients list is showing authenticated - Yes

I am getting a valid IP address on the clients

but I am only getting Limited Access on the client connection. (Windows 7)

I cant find any errors to help progress on this.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like the wlc is working okay. Is the wlc placing the devices in the correct interface? Can you connect a wired pc to the same subnet and see it that works. Windows 7 is basically saying no Internet connection. Maybe that subnet isn't added to the NAT statement.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

the subnet already works for other groups.

So you have wired and wireless devices on the same subnet?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Can the users ping other devices locally in the same subnet and the gateway, but not able to ping devices on another subnet?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

I have tested wired PC and have connected a wireless AP of another controller for this site.

They can all ping everything. Anything connecting to the new wireless controller can get an ip but not ping a thing, not even gateway.

Can you verify that the gateway on teh wlc interface and the gateway provided by dhcp is correct.  What I want to know is if the wireless users and the wired users are on the same subnet or different.  If they are in differnt subnets, can you put a pc on the same subnet as the wireless users and see if they get out.

-Scott

The problem i currently have is that I decided to save config and reboot the controller. The APs have now decided to link to another controller on a different site. I have set Option 43 and the primary controller on the AP. They will show on the correct controller for 5 seconds before apearing on a different controller.

I previously had no issues with the APs connecting to this controller.

Well make sure you have ap fallback enabled and the mobility groups setup right. Also make sure master controller is disabled on the other wlc.

Edit: Also the VIP needs to be he same.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card