Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No of events in 1231/1131AG log file

Can anyone tell me how to increase the number of events on the log file of the 1231/1131AGs. It seem to be maxing out at 30, and I am unable to go back in the history to view past logs.

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: No of events in 1231/1131AG log file

Probably your best bet would be to send the events to a logging machine.

Get a copy of Kiwi syslog (it's free) and install it on a PC.

In the WebGUI, bring up the Services page and enable syslog and give it the addres of the PC running Kiwi.

Memory/storage and processor is limited on the APs, it's a good thing to offload as many processes from the APs as possible, especially if you have a heavier traffic load or are situated in an area with a lot of interference.

The text logs created by Kiwi are pretty dense ... you may also want to shop around for a log parser / interpreter.

Kiwi also give you the ability to save the log to a database (mysql, mssql2k & others) and even give you some templates to create the tables.

I use MSSQL2K and report from that with Crystal Reports ... it might be easier to to find a log parser if you're not up on databases.

Good Luck

Scott

ScottMac, Thanks for the info but I do not have Syslog listed on the Services page. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Cforbes2781

Green

SERVICES | SNMP | Trap Community

Set the Trap destination to the Kiwi syslogd machine and set the level of traps you want to receive.

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content