Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

No SSIDs available to connect

Dear Experts,

I am trying to configure WLC 2504 with the following setup:

- three WLAN SSIDs

- management/ap-manager interface on VLAN 10

- guest WLAN on dynamic interface VLAN 20

- main WLAN on dynamic interface VLAN 30

- WLAN for tablet and smartphone devices VLAN 40

At this point switch trunking is configured and three WLANs are mapped to three dynamic different interfaces. I can see all associated APs (which are on the same subnet as management interface on VLAN 10),  and can ping each of the APs as well as gateways on L3 switch Catalyst 3750-x. Also, on the WLC interface I see that all WLANs are enabled and SSIDs are set to broadcast, all AP radio is in 'up' mode. DHCPs are configured on management interface and on all dynamic interfaces. L3 switch gateways all have ip helper-address pointing to main DHCP. 'sh vlan' and 'sh int trunk' commands on the connected switches show correct settings.

However,  I see absolutely no any SSIDs to connect to on any PC or Mac computer I tested. What am I missing? Please help.

Thank you!

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

No SSIDs available to connect

Make sure that:

- broadcast SSID is enabled from under WLAN configuration.

- Check AP groups. If you have AP gorups configured make sure the group to which your APs are added have the SSIDs as well.

- Make sure the radio is enabled (802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n).

- Check with multiple clients to eliminate client-side issues.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Re: No SSIDs available to connect

Strangely, when I deleted all configuration on the APs and rejoined to wireless controller then all SSIDs became visible.

We have upgraded autonomous 1130AG APs to LWAPP mode with LWAPP Upgrade Tool. Could it be that there is some kind of leftout configuration from autonomous mode that caused the issue?  I have tested it with 5 APs so far and and each one of them after the upgrade are able to join to controller and radios are up (even detected rogue APs are listed  on controller Monitor window). However, no SSID becomes visible to connect even if it is set to broadcast.

But if the newly joined APs configuration is erased and re-joined to controller, then it starts to broadcast available SSIDs.

Is it known issue or standard step to upgrade to LWAPP mode?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content