Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Boot Time for Aironet 1130AG with Power Injector?

I have installed an Aironet 1130AG and utilized a power injector for the power source.  I have the settings configured correctly in IOS, but the AP takes about 7 minutes to come on (illuminate LED status lights) once the Ethernet cable is connected. Is this 7 minute power-on delay normal when using POE?  I am used to the instanteous "on" that usually comes with Cisco products being connected directly to the AC adapter.  Any insight is appreciated.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Is this 7 minute power-on delay normal when using POE?

Normally takes about 5 to 6 minutes (without any config) for a slower 1130.

When you say 7-minutes, do you have config? 

PoE, injector, power brick, the value is the same unless something is not right.  IOS could play another factor.

Upon connecting with a console cable, I can see the unit is actually on and booting.  However, unlike when I use an AC adapter and the "E" status LED blinking instantly, none of the led status lights come on ("E" or "R") until 7 minutes have elapsed.

Have you connected a serial cable to watch the boot process? It's possible that it's a network or firmware update issue

Bronze

The boot up process could be between 5 to 6 min, as mention by leolaohoo but i have never time a unit to see how exactley it takes to boot up.

It should be the same with POE, AC or power injector.

Bronze

Hi ,

Make sure the cat 5 cable you are using between the AP and POE switch is the complaint with the IEEE and uses all 8 cables inside, also try using a different cable just in case it could be a cable issue.

Try a different port on the switch just in case.

I will try to check on a test unit using AC adapter and POE.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content