Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

not all CF wireless cards in a batch associate with 877W router

I have a batch of 50 CF wireless cards (802.11b) out of which about 10 will not associate with our 877W router. They all associate with our 3COM "Office Connect ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router", a very simple device compared to the 877W. Both routers are set to the same 64bit WEP security setting. The 877W was setup using the SDM configuration wizard. Can anyone please explain this or suggest how I can use the IOS debugging to analyze the problem and determine the wireless settings to change.

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: not all CF wireless cards in a batch associate with 877W rou

Were the 10 non-functional cards tested in a device where other cards worked?

Were functional cards tested in a device where the non-functional cards failed to work?

Are all of the drivers the same revision?

Are all of the devices the same? Same model, same OS, same version, same patch level?

Are the firmware versions of the ten non-functional cards the same as the firmware (version, revison, patch level) of the other forty?

If possibole, please post a sanitized version of your "show run" from the 877w and a "show version"

Thanks, Happy New Year!

Scott

Re: not all CF wireless cards in a batch associate with 877W rou

Hello, Happy New Year and thanks for the reply. The answer to your first 4 questions is yes. The cards all report the same manufacturer-productname-revision in the tuple data. I have both the 877W and 3COM on the same network, the 3COM privides just the WAP. The 3COM is sat on top of the 877W about 5 offices away. I can enable/disable the radios in each device and see the 3COM always associate while the 877W associates sometimes. The wireless client card, hardware and software do not change. Another difference I see is that for wifi clients that associate reliably some may not push their network packets thru the 877W as quickly as they go thru the 3COM. I know this because I track the packets thru the card at card register level. The 877W may take 1-2 minutes to put a network packet on the LAN. A packet transmitted to the card seems to push the stuck packet transit from the card thru. The wifi card is PRISM2.5 based. Thankyou for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content