Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Not authenticating to wireless

I have been banging my head against the wall for days now on this.

We have 2 identical 1100 APs (I copied the config from one to the other changing names and IP address)

They plug into different 3COM switches (both switches are configured the same).

I have 3 secured SSIDs on the APs and one SSID that is not secure (unbroadcasted). On one AP I can login and I wil go right through radius and authenticate. If I log in and are using the other AP I get "cant find certificate" error. I am going nuts. Same AP configs, same switch configs, same laptop, same username and pwd to login to the laptop. But can't auth in one place over the other. I am going nuts!

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Not authenticating to wireless

You either forgot to add the ap to the radius as a AAA client, or the shared secret is wrong. Verify that on the ap config that the radius server is defined correctly.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply!

If you mean I didnt ad the AP to the IAS console as a RADIUS client - it's there.

I reset the shared secret also too.

How do you tell if the AP has the correct shared secret?

If the shared secret is wrong you will see an error on the IAS event viewer.

-Scott

I am going with: Shared secret is right. I dont see anny errors in IAS.

You should see some kind of error. Since you are not, I would enter the info again.

-Scott

I did a bit more testing today and I am thinking that the secret isn't the problem. I think the problem lies in the VLAN configuration.

I added an SSID with no security on it, added it to a VLAN. I connect fine to the AP but dont get an IP address from DHCP. I hard coded my IP from the scope I would have gotten one from. Can't ping anything. Seem like a VLAN config problem?

It is either the vlan is not being passed through the trunk port or to the other switch that leads to the layer 3 interface of that vlan.

-Scott

That is where my knowledge ends. I dont know the diff between tagged and untagged - they are all 3com switches. researching now...

Views
Helpful
Replies