Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OEAP 600 - Resilient Controllers?

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can assign reslient WLCs to an OEAP 600?

The web GUI of the OEAP itself only has a single field to enter the address of a single controller.

But, I wonder if once the OEAP is talking to your WLC across the Internet, you can allocate HA settings to the OEAP so that it can fall back to a secondary WLC if your main WLC fails.

This is sort of hinted at in the docs I have read, but I have not been able to find it explicitly stated anywhere.

It would be nice to have 2 DMZ-based WLCs at two different data centres to allow remote users to have a fail-over solution, but I need to be sure that this is supported before implementing.

Thanks

Nigel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: OEAP 600 - Resilient Controllers?

Once your AP600 joins the WLC, you will have the same option for HA as with your other APs. You can setup to 3 WLC to use for HA.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
7 REPLIES

Once your AP600 joins the WLC, you will have the same option for HA as with your other APs. You can setup to 3 WLC to use for HA.

-Scott

Here is a screen shot of my AP600 on the dmx wlc

-Scott

Thanks for the information Scott, it certainly sounds like a HA setup should be possible from what you have shared.

Anyone else out there actually implemented an Office Extend solution using OEAP 600's with a HA setup?

Thanks

Nigel.

I removed the info for security purposes. I also know it works, but if you have a production system, there is no way your going to test unless you have some downtime. It's basically an ap in FlexConnect mode. The only difference is the dtls tunnel encryption.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Yup it works

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Thanks George:)

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your feedback

All the best.

Nigel.