Cisco Support Community

OEAP602I-A-K9 that are not!

My first 4 AP600's work like a charm.

However, my next 20 belong in some other country!!!

5508 ver (36 seats) and 2 5508 on (250 seats ea) that I haven't put into production yet.

AIR-OEAP602I-A-K9's FTX1612V001 thru V00F and FTX112V00H and V00J thru V00M are all being rejected by the 5508 because:

Reason For Last Unsuccessful Attempt

Last Error Occurred
Last Error Occurred Reason
Last Join Error Timestamp

at which point the DTLS link is dropped and the AP gets to try again.

Might there be a fresh image that can be loaded?

I see nothing wrong from the GUI side of the AP

I tried to open a TAC but the batch is not yet attached to my account..

I'm on vacation for the week after Easter so I will not get back to the issue untill then.

Every one,  Happy Easter

Hall of Fame Super Gold

However, my next 20 belong in some other country!!!

What do you mean by this?  What country did you send these OEAP to and what are their regulatory domains.

The logs you attached mention the reason clearly:

*spamApTask7: Apr 05 11:29:22.197: %LWAPP-3-RD_ERR4: capwap_ac_sm.c:2480 Invalid regulatory domain 802.11bg:-A     802.11a:-A for AP 00:3a:99:dd:11:c0

*spamApTask7: Apr 05 11:29:22.197: %LWAPP-3-RD_ERR7: spam_lrad.c:9471 Invalid country code () for AP 00:3a:99:dd:11:c0

You need to add the country in which you are adding the APs to the supported countries in WLC.

You can find how to configure country codes here:

you can find which regulatory domain for which country here:

After adding the correct country to WLC everything should be OK.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Since all the AP's are located in Tulare County,  Cal and connected the to the only 5508 running the other OEAP's I fail to understand why I need to enter a country code for an FCC cert AP into a FCC cert controler?

It would appear the the image for the AP600's is not correct.  Sort of like my first batch of 1520's turned out to be Canadian and not US.

The APs you have may be with different regulatory domain than the old APs that are workinf.

I can see from the title of this post that the problematic AP is in -A regulatory domain.

What is the regulatory domain for other APs that are working correctly? You can know that from the part number.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Vacation over!!

back to work.

the functioning 4 units are all OEAP602I-A-K9's as are the 20 dis-functional items.

As I understand it, AP's are created during mfg for specific domains and there no CLI access to change a devices domain.

Since these 20 all report "()" as their domain, I suspect a burp during flashing of their code. 

So a reimage might be doable.

Can we access the 600's via ssh? (I get rejects) How does one query the device for what it thinks is its domain?

No usefull data is present in the GUI.

I can't yet create a TAC because these as my SAM Administrator  hasn't associated these devices to my uid.

More than likely the burp would have happend while the cookie on the EPROM was being written, not during a software upgrade.  SO a TAC case with EFA would be the way to go.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
CreatePlease to create content