Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdoor mesh AP 1552 a/n RADIO down

dnspacket1
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have  AIR-CT8510-1K-K9 WLCs (1000AP License) and  countrycode is GB. All APs are associated to 8510 WLC.

AIR-CAP3602I-E-K9

AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9    

AIR-CAP3502I-E-K9   All a/n & b/g/n is up and working fine

But I have outdoor AP

AIR-CAP1552E-M-K9-----6  .a/n radio is showing down b/g/n is working fine.

Can anyone please advise what could be the issue

Thanks and Regards

Deva

24 Replies 24

I am using AIR-CAP1552E-M-K9 as a RAP AP.

Eventhough no solution ?

I am using AIR-CAP1552E-M-K9 as a RAP AP.

Eventhough no solution ?

The ONLY SOLUTION is to talk to the vendor who sold you the AP with the wrong regulatory domain and politely ask them if they can replace them for you. 

Another solution is to get another WLC.

There is nothing you can do here. You need to get another MESH AP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dears,

I have changed country code as SA and all APs associated to the WLC

now a/n & b/g/n  radios are UP..

Thanks a lot to everyone  who involved on this dicussuion

Hi Deva,

Glad that finally u resolved ur problem.

Can you please mark this question as answered, it may help others.

Regards

So I guess your fix was to choose a single Country Code (SA) that allows the M Mesh AP along with your E AP's to join?

-Scott

yes scott

Just be cautious about doing that as you might be breaking the regulation for the country the AP's are located. As long as you check to make sure that channels are allowed and that TX power isn't higher than what it's suppose to be, then your okay.

As a vendor, we usually would return the AP for the correct country code due to regulations and consistency.

Well thanks for your input!

-Scott

Hi Deva,

I am also agree with Scott

Normally:

When multiple countries are configured and the radio resource management (RRM) auto-RF feature is enabled, the common channels allowed is derived by performing a union (or superset) of the allowed channels in the countries. The access points are always able to use all legal frequencies, but noncommon channels can only be assigned manually.

The access point can only operate on the channels for the countries that they are designed for.

Note If an access point was already set to a higher legal power level or is configured manually, the power level is limited only by the particular country to which that access point is assigned.

Mesh AP: They do support multiple country code, but with regulations, the WLC will use the common channels and power for each of the countries you have defined. Now this will never change so its still best to have separate WLC per country if possible. Especially with mesh since the backhaul is on the 5ghz, this is really your limitation is you have AP's in a country where there is no allowed 5ghz or a minimum number of allowed channels.

Regards

i am not using multiple country code.

I have only one country code which is SA

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card