Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P BLocking exception

Hello,

I have two client machines connected to 1242AG which in turn connected to controller 5508.

We have to apply p2p blocking in controller. But the two of those client machines need to communicate with each other.

Is there any other way to do this like putting an exception for those two clients?

Pls advise                  

12 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

P2P BLocking exception

There is no exception to the rule... the feature is all or none.  If you enable this, all P2P is blocked.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

P2P BLocking exception

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your reply. Noted

Actually, these two devices are from apple and want to do airplay. How can I do that without disbaling p2p. Please also note that they are connected to same AP

Re: P2P BLocking exception

Ensure Peer to Peer Blocking is Disabled

Peer  to peer blocking is configured on a per-WLAN basis and prevents clients  on the wireless network from communicating with one another. By default  it is disabled for new WLANs, but if enabled it can cause issues for  services like AirPlay when the AppleTV is on the wireless network. Any Bonjour service that relies on communication between wireless clients can be broken by peer-to-peer blocking.

Read the CUWN Apple bonjour deployment guide from cisco. PFA

There is not workaround as that is considered P2P. You either create a separate SSID for your bonjour or just disable P2P blocking. I never use that feature because you end up in a situation where you have devices that need to communicate.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

P2P BLocking exception

what is deprecate ssid?

What are you referencing?

-Scott

I think Scott suggested you to create separate WLAN and join both devices to this two devices to this new WLAN.
Disable P2P blocking on this new SSID of course.

Yeah... Separate. Haha iPhone spellcheck.

-Scott

P2P BLocking exception

I will create new wlan. but this will be visible to every other device and they can connect to it, which I dont want.

Is it possible to create wlan and assign only one AP to it, so that the devices which comes under this AP can see the WLAN and connect?

P2P BLocking exception

You can:

- create new AP group and assing this new WLAN and 1 AP to this AP group - so new SSID will be broadcasted on only 1 AP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/wlan/config_wlan_chapter_011011.html

- limit which devices can join new SSID by securing the WLAN with WPA2-PSK (or Enterprise)

P2P BLocking exception

It is not allowing me to create same SSID with same security settings. the L2 security has to be open and ssid also should not change.

Please suggest

You need to create a new WLAN with an WLAN ID > 16 as long as the existing WLAN is < 16. Make sure the profile name is different than your existing one and that will allow you to create a new SSID with the same SSID and encryption.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content