Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

P2P communication

Hi,

I've been experiencing strange issue with client to client communication.

I'm preparing new WLAN proof of concept for car repair shop. They use:

- tester: diagnostic unit connected in car

- muxer: hardened tablet PC based on Microsoft Windows XP

Both devices connect to same WLAN, have assigned IP addresses from same IP subnet.

I've installed WLC2504 (sw 7.5) with 4 LAP1041 and disabled radios on all APs they're currently using.

I used same WLAN settings as they've been using so far: same SSID, WPA, encryption, PSK.

P2P blocking action: disable.

I've successfully connected with all devices - 8 different types. I've successfully connected both tester and muxer. Both devices received IP address assigned from DHCP server. I can ping tester from muxer. But I can't pair both devices together anymore.

I've connected laptop to same WLAN and ran nmap - I can't find any connectivity problem: nmap shows open tcp and udp ports on both devices. I can establish connection from laptop to SMB share on muxer for example.

But anyway: what could possible be wrong? It seems there's discovery problem. I don't know how both devices communicate exactly and I'm waiting for this information from manufacturer.

How could I troubleshoot this issue?

They've been using APs for home use so far (Asus) - and they haven't experienced this kind of issue. If I disable WLAN on Cisco and re-enable it on Asus APs, everything works perfectly again without any additional intervention.

• Getting Started with Wireless
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: P2P communication

Make sure you have broadcast forwarding enabled.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
2 REPLIES

Make sure you have broadcast forwarding enabled.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thank you - this was it.

Views
Helpful
Replies