Views
Helpful
Replies

password recovery for AP AIR-CAP3502I-S-K9

Marlon Malinao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i need to do a password recovery for our AP AP AIR-CAP3502I-S-K9 with ios ap3g1-k9w8-mx.124-23c.JA/ap3g1-k9w8-mx.124-23c.JA.

regards,

Marlon

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont think the mode button will work if the AP is in LWAPP mode.. i guess the best way is to get AP registred to the WLC asn then change the password... OR if we dont hav the WLC< then we need to convert the AP to autonomous and login using the Cisco and Cisco. if this doesnot work then use the mode button procedure to get it recovered..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_password_recovery09186a00800949d0.shtml

Please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

thanks

we pullout the device from the production because we are unable to login to the AP,  converting back to to Autonomous must able to login to the AP firts.  i have tried pressing the mode button while booting the AP. but it shows the log before.

we pullout the device from the production because we are unable to login to the AP,

If your WLC has no RADIUS/TACACs config then the username/password should be the same.  Otherwise, you look at the WAP details if there's an overriding login details configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card