cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Patch Antenna Installation

edwardsjj
Level 1
Level 1

I need to install patch antenna, Model: AIR-ANT2485p-r, on the outside of a temporary office trailer. Is it good practice to mount the antenna flat, directly to the metal outside wall or do I need to get somekind of mounting kit and mount the antenna out away from the metal walls? Also, I could use diversity, is the antenna designed to be used solo or can I use two? I hope I explained well. Thank you.

1 Reply 1

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps469/prod_installation_guide09186a008068f2b1.html

It appears that there's no mounting restriction (metal vs drywall). IMHO, you may want to stand it off, at least a little, to allow drainage and air circulation.

The physical dimensions of the patch are such that you could mount them side-by-side and be in the ballpark for reasonable diversity; a little farther apart would probably be better.

Good Luck

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: