cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PDA Users having problem accessing AP 1121

Sarasaqlain
Level 1
Level 1

PDA'User's are not able to connect to AP while using TKIP encryption. Where as laptops are able to connect to AP.

Kindly let me know if there is some configurtion that i need to look on.

Any suggestions on this would be appricaited.

7 Replies 7

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

It is the version of wireless software on the PDA's, use WEP instead.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I did not understand what you mean by :"It is the version of wireless software on the PDA's, use WEP instead."...

and for the second option that using WEP it works fine but i want to use TKIP for this.

OK - the issue is this, TKIP "Temporal Key Integrity Protocol" & AES-CCMP "AES-Counter Mode CBC-MAC Protocol" are part of the WPA/WAP2 wireless encryption security standard.

Not all wireless drivers/devices supports the WPA/WPA2 security standard.

The fact that when you try TKIP - it fails, but when you use WEP it works, just enforces this.

You may want to check to see of your PDA OS has any updates for the wireless to enable use of the WPA/WPA2 standards.

What are the PDA devices? waht OS do they run?

The hand held device(PDA) we use is SYMBOL .

Then I suggest you put a support call into them and raise a ticket to see if they support WPA/WPA2.

Hello Andrew,

The handheld ( Symbol )is working fine in another location and its been confirmed that this works perfectly in WAP .

Let me know how to proceed next???

Thanks in Advance...

In that case I suggest that you double check your configuration to make sure you are matching the WALN settings 100%.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card