Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PEAP on Windows 2000 SP4

I have setup PEAP with ACS Server and it works fine on Windows XP. How can I connect Windows 2000-SP4 PC to the access point with PEAP? Wireless service is running and I have enabled 802.1X with PEAP under the Authentication tab of the network card.

What options should I select under ACU?

Thanks

• Getting Started with Wireless
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: PEAP on Windows 2000 SP4

Hi Avil,

Have a look at this doc to see if it helps;

ACU Installation Precautions

Observe these precautions when you are installing the ACU:

PEAP client devices use the EAP 802.1X support provided in the Windows XP and Windows 2000 operating systems to enable authentication.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You must use the operating system to configure the authentication parameters of the PEAP supplicant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows XP supports EAP 802.1X as a standard authentication type. Windows 2000 supports EAP 802.1X authentication with Service Pack 4, but does not provide a Zero Configuration for client adapters. Hence, the ACU (or equivalent) software must be used to configure the client adapter 802.11 operating parameters.

When installing the ACU software, select PEAP support during the initial installation. The PEAP supplicant cannot be added or enabled incrementally after installation; the ACU software must be reinstalled with the PEAP support option selected.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_technical_reference_chapter09186a008025d6ee.html#wp1007967

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan

Hello Rob

is this procedure also true for ADU? (triple band cisco card)?

best regards

Oliver

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Oliver,

The procedure for the ADU is different, have a look at these docs;

Chapter 3 - Installing the Client Adapter

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f0daf.html

Cisco Aironet Desktop Utility for CB21AG Client Adapter

The Cisco Aironet Desktop Utility (ADU) CB21AG client software, unlike the 350 Series and CB20A client software, includes an 802.1X supplicant, which is installed by default when the client adapter is installed on a PC. This supplicant includes LEAP, EAP-TLS, PEAP (GTC & MSCHAP v2), and WPA capabilities and is included by default with the ADU. Because the CB21AG client software includes 802.1X capability, you are not required to add patches or service packs to the Microsoft operating system or to rely on the Microsoft 802.1X framework in any way.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_technical_reference_chapter09186a008025d6ee.html#wp1008425

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan

I followed that document but there was some issue with Windows 2000. I uninstalled ACU and reinstalled SP4 on Windows 2000. Then installed ACU again and configured it for PEAP. It works fine now.

Views
Helpful
Replies