OK, I'm a bit perplexed by this issue I'm having. Last week I set up per-user bandwidth contract on my anchor controller for the QOS profile that my public WLAN is using. After setting my rates (400/512/400/512) I tested and was pleased to see that my speed test (previously 8Mb) was reporting around 350Kb. A few days later I tested from one of our other campuses and found that my speed test was back to a much higher rate than the rates I set. I tested again from yet another campus (and now my current location) and found it too is not being throttled.
I checked my anchor controller's QOS profile, the public WLAN QOS, and my local controller's public WLAN QOS all to make sure they're set correctly (which they are). Has anyone run into something like this before? I'm going to reboot the anchor tonight to see if that helps, but any suggestions are appreciated!
Have a similar setup with 22.214.171.124 on the anchor and 126.96.36.199 on 12 foreign controllers. During the initial testing we found the shaping parameters could be set on the foreign WLC QOS profile, and/or the Anchor WLC QOS profile, or using the QOS role on the anchor and assigning it to the guest user. We also found that setting the QOS role to the guest user took priority over the QOS profile. So if you have the profile set to 512K and wanted to give a specific user 1024K, the appropriate role could be added to the user and he would get bumped to 1024K.
Look at the clients>detail on both the foreign and anchor under the Quality of Service Properties, you should see your BW settings on the controller where you have the QOS set.
We ended up setting our shaping on the Bronze QOS profile on the Anchor controller instead of the foreign. Reason being setting the QOS BW values requires the wireless network to be shut and noshut to make the change, whereas we have no AP on the Anchor and therefore we can change the Anchor QOS profile without any service interruption to the production wireless.