Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

edv

Ping Problem between WLSE and AP's

Hello Forum Members!

I have such a funny problem with my Wireless components! I Have 3 Aironet 1130 an 1 WLSE in my network. I configured the 3 Access Points (IP, SNMP, CDP) an connected them to my Catalyst 6500. At the WLSE I just made the basic setup configuration with ip, gw,... and after I connected the WLSE also with my Catalyst.

So the funny part starts here! To configure and to manage the AP's I need a connection to the AP's from my WLSE. So I saw that i can ping every component in my network from my WLSE, except the AP's. And I can ping from the AP's every component in my network, except the WLSE.

They can not communicate with each other. Then, after 100 times trying out, I just get a connection. I can ping eachother, but after few minutes its over. The connection is down??

Where is the failure/problem? I thougt that it is the catalyst but i'm not sure... On the port of the catalyst (where the wireless components are connected) i just disabled 802.1x and on the wireless ports i turned on trunking, because of my vlan situation.

has anybode an idea?

Bulut

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Ping Problem between WLSE and AP's

This is really strange. You will normally be able to ping the WLSE from the AP and viceversa...Did you try with another WLSE if you have one? Just wanted to make sure that the problem is not with the WLSE.

Views
Helpful
Replies