Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PoE auto switchover with Cisco 1252 Access Point.

Dear All

I have a network for Managed Wireless using Cisco. This is a new network for me.

I am in problem with Cisco Access Point 1252. My AP's are connected to a PoE Switch. And Cisco AP's are also connected Powered with also Power Adapter with UPS backup.

But problem is if I disconnect power source of AP Power Adapter , AP is not getting up with PoE. PoE is up only when POWER PLUG of AP ADAPTER is physically pulled out from Socket.

Question is if it is possible to make automatic Failover by PoE when Power source of AP ADAPTER is down ?? I mean no need to PULL OUT  POWER PLUG of AP ADAPTER.

Waiting for your rely.

It is very urgent .

Thanking You

Subrun.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: PoE auto switchover with Cisco 1252 Access Point.

Hi Suburn,

1- yes it is possible to do failover without unlupping the cable of AC adapter. When power on ACS adapter is off, then the faiolver happens.

2- with regards to POE, if your switch supporting enhanced POE?

Powering the Aironet 1250 Series Access Point with Cisco Enhanced PoE

Cisco  Enhanced PoE was designed for customers who want to install new  PoE-enabled technologies that require greater than 15.4W per port to  function at full capability, such as wireless technology based on the  IEEE 802.11n standard. Cisco Enhanced PoE provides the full power  requirements for dual-radio modules and eliminates the need to run an  additional cabling drop or insert a separate power injector. Support for  Enhanced PoE is currently available on a variety of Cisco Catalyst® switching platforms. For more information on Enhanced PoE, visit http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/switches/epoe.html.

Serge

Views
Helpful
Replies