Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

point client to specific access point

Hi NetPro,

does anyone knows how / what command use for AP setting. which means i want this user only associate with specific AP only.

i am using Cisco Aironet 1200 series.

your reply will be higly appreciated.

regards,

Jackal

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: point client to specific access point

You can use MAC address ACLs to block or allow association to the access point.

AP(config)#access-list access-list-number

{deny | permit} source [source-wildcard]

AP(config)#dot11 association access-list access-list-number

Hi BBxie,

thanks for reply, your reply very helpful.

here with another question which i am in doubt.

now, i am sitting in the room and inside the room only 1 Access Point which 3 - 5 meters away for me. but i dont understand why i cant associate to this access point , my laptop always surf by another access point which out of the room and either further than the ap in the room.

what do you think ? anyone can explain to me ... your reply will be highly appreciated.

regards,

Jackal

Bronze

there's many possibilities,you should provide more detailed information about your environment, for example: AP model/firmware version, laptop model/OS/wirless card driver, parameters configured in the AP and laptop.

Typically there're some possible reasons:

1. laptop wirless driver bug or compatibility issue with AP

2. No matter what reasons, if your laptop had already associated to the outside AP(for example, inside AP powered up later; there's some time, the inside AP lost connection to laptop), if the outside AP's signal had not dropped to a very poor strength level(roaming threshold), your laptop will not roam to a better signal inside AP

Bronze

if you only want to associate to one AP such as performing a site survey, then change the ssid.

when you do this perform a site survey to fix problem 2

Views
Helpful
Replies