cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port going up / down .. connected new Access point to it..

harrismat91
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3500 series switch and a Acess point LAP1242 connected on Gig interface.. constantly getting the logs stating inteface going up and down.. this never happened before.. not able to get the WEB access..

any suggestions will be apreciated..

HM..

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi harris,

The AP that you are using is the LWAPP AP (LAP1242) this requires WLC.. this will not work without the WLC.. do you have one?? if you doner have one. then this behavious is expected.. the AP will be in reboot loop till it registers to the WLC.. and LWAPP == no Web access.. only Autonomous AP has the GUI access.. i request you to convert the AP using the below command..

1>> Download the Autonomous image from cisco.com

2>> connect the console cable between the PC running tftpd32 server and the AP.

3>> Point the image in the TFTPd32 server and then make sure you have the connectivity to the AP from the laptop (same subnet ip)..

here is the steps.

AP> en

AP# debug lwapp console cli

AP#conf t

AP(config)#int fa 0

AP(config-if)#ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

AP(config-if)#no shut

AP(config-if)#end

on the laptop fa interface give 10.0.0.2 /24 and try pinging 10.0.0.1 (you should be able to)

then issue the command

AP#archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://10.0.0.2/

eg..

archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://10.0.0.2/c1240-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY.tar

this will do it.. i mean stopping the logs on the switch and also getting the WEB access..

lemme know how this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which interface?  Ethernet or Radio?

Have you checked the cable?

ha ha thats a nice quetsion Leo!! really impressed!! i just jumped on it directly but u took the right step!! 5+

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Harris,

issue show version on the AP.. if the image says rcvrW8 then its LWAPP, if its W7 then its autonomous.. or even easy one is..

get into AP cli and issuew the command

en

conf t

if you ge ta invalid command then its in LWAPP if it goes to config mode then its in autonomous mode..

lemme know how this answered your question.. if its in LWAPP thne my first post will help you to resolve the issue.

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thats great to hear.. lemme know if this answered your question... pls rate the post if this was helpful..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

9 Replies 9

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi harris,

The AP that you are using is the LWAPP AP (LAP1242) this requires WLC.. this will not work without the WLC.. do you have one?? if you doner have one. then this behavious is expected.. the AP will be in reboot loop till it registers to the WLC.. and LWAPP == no Web access.. only Autonomous AP has the GUI access.. i request you to convert the AP using the below command..

1>> Download the Autonomous image from cisco.com

2>> connect the console cable between the PC running tftpd32 server and the AP.

3>> Point the image in the TFTPd32 server and then make sure you have the connectivity to the AP from the laptop (same subnet ip)..

here is the steps.

AP> en

AP# debug lwapp console cli

AP#conf t

AP(config)#int fa 0

AP(config-if)#ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

AP(config-if)#no shut

AP(config-if)#end

on the laptop fa interface give 10.0.0.2 /24 and try pinging 10.0.0.1 (you should be able to)

then issue the command

AP#archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://10.0.0.2/

eg..

archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://10.0.0.2/c1240-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY.tar

this will do it.. i mean stopping the logs on the switch and also getting the WEB access..

lemme know how this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

how to verify if its autonomous or wlc?

HM

Hi Harris,

issue show version on the AP.. if the image says rcvrW8 then its LWAPP, if its W7 then its autonomous.. or even easy one is..

get into AP cli and issuew the command

en

conf t

if you ge ta invalid command then its in LWAPP if it goes to config mode then its in autonomous mode..

lemme know how this answered your question.. if its in LWAPP thne my first post will help you to resolve the issue.

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

its  WLC.. i got invalid command.. thanks loe and suren.. i will convet it to auto using the post..

HM

Thats great to hear.. lemme know if this answered your question... pls rate the post if this was helpful..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which interface?  Ethernet or Radio?

Have you checked the cable?

its the ethernet interface going up/down on the switch..

ha ha thats a nice quetsion Leo!! really impressed!! i just jumped on it directly but u took the right step!! 5+

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks Surendra.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card