Helpful
Replies

Possible to setup something likes "protected port" on WLC 5508

Khoa Pham
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Let's say I have 3 APs, all connected to a WLC 5508

Each AP has a computer that is connected to it, Computer A, B and C, all on the same Vlan with same SSID

Is it possible to configure so

A and B can not talk to each other but both can talk to C  ?

Something like "protected port" feature in the switch world.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can block peer 2 peer communication between wireless devices on the same SSID.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not possible, you either allow all devices to communicate or you can block communication to each device.

-Scott

Can you elaborate this further ?

or you can block communication to each device.

Does it mean you can block communication between A, B and C. But they all can still talk to D, which is a device on wire network ?

Im looking for a solution for a WiFi network for our guests, where they dont need to talk to each other, and all need to talk to a wire internet gateway/router only.

You can block peer 2 peer communication between wireless devices on the same SSID.

-Scott

Im looking for a solution for a WiFi network for our guests, where they dont need to talk to each other, and all need to talk to a wire internet gateway/router only.

If you want to block guest SSID users from talking to each other then it's possible.  As Scott has pointed out, it's called "P2P Blocking Action".

I do NOT recommend having guest and corporate share the same SSID.  I don't think it's best practice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card