Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

power injectors don't work with APs

Has someone got experience on cisco power injectors for Aironet APs.

I bought 3 injectors, and 3 power supplys(injectors need power supply, but don't come with the boxes) from cisco.

I connected a switch(2960) port to the port ‘to network’ on the power injector, and connected a AP(1142N) Ethernet port to the port ‘to Device’ on the power injector.

The power injector was powered on by the DC supply. But the AP couldn't be powered on by the injector, and the switch port also showed 'noconnect'.

No particular commands setup on the switch port’s settings.  I tried the switch port auto-auto and 100-full, Vlan access and trunk, but no luck with the injectors.

Connected the same power supply to the same AP, used the same switch port and same cables, the AP worked fine with the switch.

Thought of faulty injector, but it's weird that all 3 new purchased injectors are faulty.

Am I doing anything wrong? do I need to put any commad on switch interface to use power injector?(I cannot believe that)  or just had bad luck of having 3 faulty injectors?

Please help.  Thanks a lot.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

What kind of injectors do you have?  Take a photo and post it.  1140 will only take PWR-INJ4. 

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

What kind of injectors do you have?  Take a photo and post it.  1140 will only take PWR-INJ4. 

it's PWR-INJ3.  will it work with 1140?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

it's PWR-INJ3.  will it work with 1140?

No.

Damned to me.  Big Thank to you.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

20W Single Port Midspan

Have a look at the link above.