Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.
For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.
i have installed cisco air-pi21-ag card in my pc, i am not able to detect the network in its peripheri, my pc is located about 20 meter away
: while other persons having laptop can access the network easily beyond 200meters
Check if you have adequate coverage in that area. Try moving the laptop to a different location and check it , because you have week coverage in the periphery.
Here are the things you can try to narrowdonw the issue
* first check if the card is properly configured with ssid and type of security u r using.
* SSID is case sensetive .. need to be careful
* Else Configure the security on Wireless AP as open for testing and then try to connect
* Also check what is data rates on AP and antenna connected .. it could be bidirectional antenna
* Move the client near AP else if you have any wireless client .. configure client in adhoc mode see if it able to connect any working client.. we can narrowdown it is not hardware failure ..
* For testing pls u open authention .. mean don't define any security .. and broadcast ssid ..
Pls rate these steps incase they worked for you so that other can take benefits of these steps