Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with 340 AP

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am having a strange problem with a Cisco Aironet 340 Access Point. I have a bunch of 340 and 350 PCI & PC Card clients and one new 802.11 a/b/g client. This network is connected to the Internet via a Linksys BEFSR41 router & a cable modem. The Linksys router provides DHCP. All the 340 and 350 clients are using a driver that is labeled as being from Microsoft. These machines work fine acquiring DHCP and authenticating to the AP. When I try to upgrade these drivers to the latest from Cisco I am no longer able to get DHCP but I am able to authenticate to the AP. The AP is assigned 192.168.1.2, the Linksys router is assigned 192.168.1.1. If I manually assign a address to the client I am able to ping the AP and anything above the AP, but not the router. I am trying to integrate a new client with a Cisco 802.11 a/b/g card and am having the same problem and I have no driver alternative.

The AP has the latest firmware. The AP is configured to see 192.168.1.1 as a gateway. I do not have it configured to accept DHCP, it has a static address. Is this where my problem is? If I allow it to be configured to receive DHCP will it pass this along to the clients? Or am I missing something else here? Do I need to set up a route between the AP and the router? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

Check the following common reason, this does not work if No IP helper-address is configured on the default gateway interface if it is not in same subnet as DHCP server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card