cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with AP 1262 and 5Ghz antennas

yesenia-m
Level 1
Level 1

have an AP 1262 with speed 5Ghz antennas, the problem I have is that my PC (depending on whether they accept the speed driver) do not see the SSID, authenticacion is open and I tried WPA2 and does not work.

I attached my settings in case you find something missing.

thanks

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rectify configures for the 2.4GHz radio as well? If so you should pickup some antenna for it so that all clients should be able to connect.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

If I did tests and working correctly at the speed 2.4 Ghz, the problem is occurring with 5Ghz antennas, it is assumed that this is going to be installed.

The driver of my PC is 802.11n, is supposed to work correctly at 5 GHz, or you have to configure anything else?

thanks

You shouldn't have to configure anything else.  So long as the AP has the antenna on the 5GHz side, and the SSID is configured for both 2.4 and 5, the client should be able to attach to the SSID on either frequency.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

The driver of my PC is 802.11n, is supposed to work correctly at 5 GHz, or you have to configure anything else?

Whao there!

Just because your PC says it supports 802.11n doesn't mean that 5.0Ghz antenna is even included.  Take Australia, for instance.  Cheap laptops/netbooks have 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless NICs in them.  But if you are looking at the more expensive laptops or "desktop replacement" then the NIC cards are only 802.11 b/g/n.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card