Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with client associated

Hi,

I have a problem with clients that are associated to an AP but loose connectivity to the network (ping tested),

the AP is LWAPP 1140, IOS, c1140-k9w8-mx.124-21a.JHA, managed by a WLC 5508,

the AP is HREAP configured and there are other AP's with the same configuration that works fine.

This has been working fine, but a week ago the network security departament, do some changes on the security policy using the Cisco ACS and now the client are also filtered using the mac address, i only have problems on one AP located on another site where the WLC is located.

The AP shows no logs of network disconnection, or losing connectivy with the WLC, for me the AP is OK.

but the client is connected to the network doing pings to the dns server for example, after a while (maybe 10 mins) the pings drops, but the client is still connected to the wireless SSID, i have to disconnect and reconnect it again so the pings replies again. I use netstumbler and confirm that the signal is OK, and that the SSID is still operational when this happens.

I think this maybe has to do with deauthentication

how could i debug this, so i could show the net security departament that the problem is not the AP or the WLC, or maybe i can realize that this is a network problem.

hope somebody can help me,

regards,

Juan Pablo

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Problem with client associated

On the wlc cli you can issue: debug client

If the client shows up in the wlc and under the monitor client ,the policy state of the client is in run, that means the client has successfully authenticated and is on the wireless. This means it must be a network issue. SO go to the monitor tab and click on clients and click on the client mac address. You will see the policy manager state and look to see if its in RUN.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Cisco Employee

Problem with client associated

Also on WLC enable client traps under management>> snmp>> trapcontrol.

Re: Problem with client associated

Hi Juan,

Don't ping to DNS server. Try pinging to the default gateway. If there are no ping drops then you know the problem not with the wireless controller or the AP.

You want to say "Thank you"? Don't. Just rate the useful answers, that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content