Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with route configuration with wireles !

Dear sir ;

we have a network consist of a wireless 340 and 2600 router with one ethernet port and a default static route and 2900 catalyst switch with 24 ports , wireless bridge plugged through switch with RJ-45 connector and i would like to connect another wireless circuit through a different location.

my question is : what kind of route configuration on router should i make to use secondary wireless independent with primary wireless for another network and can i make a configuration for failover ( which means primary line goes down secondary one will be up ) if yes how can i accomplish this ?

Best Regards

1 REPLY

Re: problem with route configuration with wireles !

If I understood correctly you want to have two wireless links to the same location so that if one fails the other will maintain conectivity.

You can do that two ways.

1-Configure spanning tree on the wireless bridges and that will shutdown the secondary link until the primary fails.

2-Another way is to have two routers with two ethernet ports and use a routing protocol so that when one of the links fails all traffic is routed through the other.

This is a more expensive way but has the advantage of being able to use the bandwidth of both links simultaneosly while in the first case the backup link is shutdown.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content