cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with SDM Wireless Configuration Interface

ashmatash1
Level 1
Level 1

I have been attempting to setup a HWIC-AP-AG using the Wireless Application via SDM. Whenever I try to submit a change over ANY of the configuration forms, I get a 400 error. I've formated the flash, deleted the startup-config, reflashed the IOS, and reinstalled SDM to no avail.

I'm running 'c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-9.T' which is the only IOS that managed not to crash when I attempted to enable the HWIC-AP-AG.

This is the latest issue I've run into since purchasing this router and interface card. In an effort to make this combination work (as I was assured it would by Cisco before purchasing) I've been though 4 other IOS revisions (all bearing a 'T2' designation), RMA'd 3 HWIC AP cards, and even replaced the router through my retailer before a Cisco Tech made the 9(T) version I'm using currently available to me. Thankfully, the 9(T) revision DOES allow me to 'NO SHUT' the card without crashing the router, but since the upgrade, the Wireless Application doesn't work. Cisco is not doing much to help me look good this month.

Someone out there, PLEASE help.

Hardware: Cisco 1841 Router

RAM: 384MB

Flash: 256MB

Slot0: WIC-1ADSL

Slot1: HWIC-AP-AG

IOS: c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-9.T

SDM: v232

4 Replies 4

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Looks like a bug to me. I don't think HWIC-AP-AG is supported.

bob.george
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having problems with an 1841 and HWIC-AP configuration on TWO routers. According to the HWIC-AP documentation, it IS supported on the 1841, but neither router recognizes the module.

I'm running Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(3e), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Is this configuration supported? How to enable the HWIC-AP?

Thanks,

- Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, the HWIC-AP is supported with the 1841, but you must be running a 12.4T IOS image (in addition to the correct feature set). I'd suggest 12.4(11)T with Adv. Security or Adv. IP Services Feature Set. Make sure you meet the minimum memory requirements as well.

Your next best option would be 12.4(9)T2 with either Adv. Security or Adv. IP Services Feature Set.

Here's a link (requires login):

http://tinyurl.com/yeboe4

-Ben

soheilkatal
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same issue ,

if you resolved yours, please let me know how!

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card