Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with some vendor smartphone when connect wifi Cisco

Hi you

I am IT in Hotel file star.And now my guest complaint about WiFi system as follow:

"

The             first time I used my smartphone to connect to Wifi at the             hotel, I was asked to insert my details (room number and             last name) for login and I supposed I would only need to             login one time in 24 hours; however, when my smartphone went             to sleep, Wifi would disconnect itself and I had to go to my             smartphone setting to connect to the Sofitel Wifi again.             There were times the Wifi connection resumed right after I             reconnected; however, there were other times when the login             page would pop-up again and I had to re-insert my details in             order to connect to the Wifi system. (In average, this issue             happened five times every 24 hours). When I used my laptop             to connect to the Wifi, this issue did not happen so             frequently. (In average, I would get disconnected             automatically when my laptop was logoff, two times in 24             hours)."

WiFi system include WiFi Cisco that connect to Gateway authenticate by roomnumber and lastname

Please help me to invegest and debug that

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Problem with some vendor smartphone when connect wifi Cisco

Well what's authenticating the users, the wlc? If so, disable the session timer and increase the idle timer to allow for the wlc to keep the client in the run state. If your running v7.5, there is a feature called alleging clients. You can enable that on the WLAN and set that to 24 hours. If you use that feature, then keep the idle timer at default which is 300 seconds.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

My system do not use Wireless Controller. I use GW authenticate to wifi.

Thanks

Well what you have to look at is if the wlc times out the client after the client goes to sleep or the laptop is powered off. If the wlc does no type of authentication but uses open and your captive portal intercepts the traffic and this can authenticate the user, then it's a setting in your captive portal device that is timing out the user.

-Scott

Hi

I see but problem just happen with smart phone not client as LapTop.

You haven't told us if the ssid is open or not. It seems like it isn't so disable session timeout and increase the idle timer. Or upload v7.5 and use the sleeping client feature.

-Scott

Post the show version and the show WLAN

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies