Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with WIFI on 877w

Hi, I recently purchased Cisco 877w. I was trying to setup my Wifi connection but when I entered following commands:

int dot11 0

ssid WLAN

I entered SSID configuration mode. In Cisco 870 guide you have a lot of options you can do here but on my router (IOS version) I can's see any. When I type ? I can see:

When I used c870-advsecurityk9-mz.151-3.T.bin I received message: ssid configuration commands: exit  Exit from ssid sub mode

When I used c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T2.bin message was the same without exit option: ssid configuration commands:

Can someone tell me why I can't see any options ? Maybe I'm using incorrect IOS? Can someone point me in right direction?

Added on 27.11.2011

I just find out that function described in configuration guide:

authentication type

Example:

Router(config-if-ssid)# authentication open

Router(config-if-ssid)# authentication network-eap eap_methods

Router(config-if-ssid)# authentication key-management wpa

They are working and I can aply them but I still can't preview (using ?) what other options do I have. Does anybody know why this part is missing from IOS?

Message was edited by: Pawel Lenart

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

This is deferred. Only in the old times you were configuring your SSID under the radio interface.

Try :

conf t

dot11 ssid

Cheers,

Nicolas

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

This is deferred. Only in the old times you were configuring your SSID under the radio interface.

Try :

conf t

dot11 ssid

Cheers,

Nicolas

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content