Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up a Cisco 2500 - won't talk to mgmt after VLANs assigned

This is my first AireOS Cisco attempt, so I'm probably missing something obvious.

We are trying to unify a set of wireless access points with a controller. We have been using 1140s and 1600s, and recently got a 2504 controller and two from-factory 1600 LWAPs (eventually we're going to repurpose many of the existing APs, but for now I wanted to make it easier).

I went through and did the initial setup via serial and went back through the GUI to do the final config. Setup has 4 VLANs and 3 SSIDs (employee, guest and a "DMZ" type thing for a set of our computers that clients use for training. 4th VLAN is management). I did the setup with the management VLAN set to untagged, then switched it over to VLAN15 and plugged it into the Catalyst (trunked port with all VLANs on it). WLC IP is static, guest and DMZ (and management APs) vlan DHCP assigned by our ASA, employee vlan assigned by W2012 server. After tagging the management VLAN I can no longer access the WLC (neither with the management subnet routed through the ASA, nor directly connected to a port on the Catalyst set up for access to the management VLAN and using a static IP in the subnet range). LWAPs aren't picking up the WLC either. Anything obvious I'm missing?

Another oddity - I could access the serial console just fine via the sign-in set up during the auto setup, but it won't accept that password/user over SSH (even when the VLAN was untagged - now of course I can't even connect).

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

After tagging the management

After tagging the management VLAN I can no longer access the WLC (neither with the management subnet routed through the ASA, nor directly connected to a port on the Catalyst set up for access to the management VLAN and using a static IP in the subnet range). LWAPs aren't picking up the WLC either. Anything obvious I'm missing?

What is the native vlan on the switchport where WLC connected. It can be anything other than vlan 15. Pls check that.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content