Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems with 350AP and Dell TrueMobile 1150 cards

Hi,

The AP we have works great with Cisco cards but we are having trouble getting the new integrated Dell wireless devices (inside laptops) to work with it. The original error we are getting as seen in the AP log was that the client authenticated but didn't associate. Here is the exact message:

- Station 00022d80f8aa Authenticated

- Station 00022d80f8aa Failed Association, status "Can Not Support All Requested Capabilities"

We then checked the box in Express Setup to allow non Cisco Aironet devices to connect but then our Cisco clients couldn't get to anything on the network even though we didn't lose connectivity to the AP. I tried to release and renew the IP address on the Cisco clients and we received a DHCP Server unreachable message. I uncheck that option in setup and we were back in business for the Cisco clients with DHCP working fine. We are using a single Wep key, open, shared authentication. I upgraded the firmware to the latest on the 350 today and that didn't help. Would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.

Lori

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Problems with 350AP and Dell TrueMobile 1150 cards

Hi Lori,

That is very strange about the WEP key length. It should work.

Are you sure that you used the right number of characters for the key ie. for 128 bit, you used 26 hex characters ???

Try re entering the key on both the AP and the client cards, failing that it is going to require further investigation and the best way to do this would be to raise a TAC case

David

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Lori,

I would try to default the config and start again as it sounds like there is something configured that is being over looked here.

you are correct you need allow non Cisco Clients to associate checked.

This should work fine let me know how you go once you default the config and the reconfigure it.

Thank you for the suggestion. I did what you said and it still didn't work. I started changing the security settings and found that the 128 bit static WEP key was the problem. The 40 bit worked fine with that option checked (non Aironet) with both the TrueMobile and the Cisco. But it did not work with 128 bit on either card with that option checked. I don't know why 128bit didn't work but if you have an idea as to the reason that would be very helpful.

Cisco Employee

Hi Lori,

That is very strange about the WEP key length. It should work.

Are you sure that you used the right number of characters for the key ie. for 128 bit, you used 26 hex characters ???

Try re entering the key on both the AP and the client cards, failing that it is going to require further investigation and the best way to do this would be to raise a TAC case

David

Hi David,

I went back and changed the WEP key to 128 and used a totally different key than the original. It worked on both cards. I know the first WEP key was OK because I believe the AP software will tell you the length or characters aren't right and we used it on the Cisco client cards fine. In any case, we are working with a 128bit key on both cards using new key.

Thank you so very much for your help.

Lori

Views
Helpful
Replies