cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Client Adapter Radio f/w 4.25.30?

lim-colin
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone faced problems when using all the latest drivers and firmware from the Cisco Aironet 350 Bundle 2 for Windows98?

I recently upgraded my driver to v8.2.3, my ACU to v5.02.005, my Client Adapter radio f/w to 4.25.30 and my AP f/w to 11.21. However, my client adapter seems to get disassociated after a few seconds. Checking on the AP, it says that the user has been "disassociated due to inactivity".

When I downgrade my adapter radio f/w to 4.25.23, client and AP associates without problems.

Anyone else facing this problem?

4 Replies 4

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

I haven't seen that issue yet. Here's some open caveats in that version worth looking at: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350cards/windows/cutils_r/cu52.htm#xtocid25

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350cards/windows/drive_rn/pcmdvrrn/dr802.htm#xtocid16

Make sure to follow the upgrade procedure at: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350cards/windows/incfg/win_ch9.htm#xtocid14 You can also try to remove the driver completely from device manager and let windows redetect it on a reboot, then install the drivers.

lunar53
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same problem. I followed the upgrade procedure for both, the PC card and for the firmware on my non-root bridge. I get the same message on my root bridge with respect to the laptop user or the non-root bridge. Have you had any luck resolving this issue?

There is a timer associated with each connection to the AP, as per the help file:

These settings determine the number of seconds the device continues to track an inactive device depending on its class. A setting of 0 tells the device to track a device indefinitely, no matter how long it is inactive. A setting of 300 equals 5 minutes; 1800 equals 30 minutes; 28800 equals 8 hours.

So, is it broken? Yes..

You could set it to 0 and let the AP track the connection regardless of how long it just sits there. I was under the assumption that keepalives were sufficient and that this setting only applied to machines that were powered off and were not allowed to send a link termination message...

That config area is under ASSOCIATIONS/ADVANCED...

Luis

jgadbois
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same problem. I got a new laptop and installed my 350 pc card. While I was at it, I deceided to install the latest everything both to the AP and the card. It associates for a few seconds and then disassociates. I figured it was some kind of problem with XP pro, however this same card works in other non-XP machines. I too downloaded to a different radio firmware (4.25.23) and got the same results. I just assumed it was a bug in 4.25.30. Sorry I'm late to the discussion, just joined.

Hmmm...are you by any chance using power-save mode? If so, try turning it to CAM.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card