cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning Access Points from box

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

Does any body know where I can find a step by step guide for provisioning of Cisco wireless access points? Can we do everthing remotely without touching them from the box?

2 Replies 2

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

I think the IPSU tool is what I need.

SHANNON WYATT
Level 1
Level 1

If they are lightweight then a resounding yes. Configured either (or both) DHCP and DNS for your controller info. The suckers will get DHCP addresses and associate with a controller.

With autonomous then you could probably get it fairly close to no touch with the WLSE, but I wouldn't go down the WLSE route today, I think that it may be or is rapidly approaching end of life.

It it is just a matter of not wanting to do confurations on the devices until they are hung you can do that pretty easily. They will get IP addresses via DHCP, and assuming they are plugged into Cisco switches you can get the IP of the devices via CDP. You would have to configure them (if autonomous.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card