Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Purchasing used 1252

I was looking to purchase a used 1252 (AIR-1252AG-A-K9). The unit is supposedly about a year old; that being the case, does anyone know if there have been any hardware changes over the last year? In general, when purchasing a used AP is there anything that I should be wary of? Or any questions that I should be asking the seller?

Thanks,

Paul

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Purchasing used 1252

Just make sure there is a warranty, just in case something doesn't work when you get it. You can always ask for the show version and show interfaces (IOS) to make sure that is working.... but doesn't mean its the ap he is actually selling.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Make sure it's legit.

This might be a really stupid question ... but how do I do that? If it's not legit, they're not going to tell me if I ask ... i.e., they wouldn't make very good bad guys if they did :-)

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Paul,

It ain't a stupid question at all. If someone would sell me a brand-spanking-new or slightly-used 1250, I'd really be suspicious. However, there are some cases when clients bought them by mistake.

I'm just curious here: Would it be too much then if you were to sell me a 1250 and I would ask if the seller, that's you, have proof of purchase or even proof of delivery?

Ah, asking for a copy of the receipt does seem like a good way to go.

This question came about because of an item on eBay. The seller's description was: "I purchased this access point for my lab / site survey kit. I opened the box but this item has never been used or powered on. It is in original box." So it sort'a sounds reasonable; but when I asked him how long he had it, his response that he couldn't remember -- sometime between 6 months to a year -- made me ever so slightly uncomfortable. Not that he couldn't be perfectly legit, but ... Anyway I guess it's a moot point now, since the item's been sold. But I'll keep your advice in mind for next time.

Thanks,

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies