Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Querying for DHCP enabled APs on WLC5500

Greetings,

Is there a way to see which of the APs have static IPs and which are configured for DHCP? The GUI or CLI doesn't appear to have a filter for that. I know the running-config has the IP config data, but it would need some work to extract the AP name and whether it's configured statically or via DHCP.

System Information

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.

Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller

Product Version.................................. 7.4.100.0

Thanks in advance!

Regards

• Getting Started with Wireless
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You can issue a show ap config general

This will show you if the AP is using dhcp or static address. 

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
VIP Purple

Re: Querying for DHCP enabled APs on WLC5500

HI,

Its depends on from Where AP is getting ip(via swicth or DHCP server).

If its via swicth then u can see :

Switch#sh ip dhcp  binding

I dont know the command to find out the static and dhcp assigen APs.

Login to WLC:

wireless>Access Points>All APs

click on any AP then go to general, here on right side IP config section is there.

if static box is checked means this AP is assigen a static IP if its not then its via DHCP.

here is the screenshot:

Hope it helps.

Regards

Thanks for the replies! I am trying to dump a list of all APs that get their IPs via DHCP. Having to lookup each record is very tedious given the large number of APs on the WLC. I should have mentioned that the WLC does not issue IPs to the APs. There is an external DHCP server for that.

Perhaps, someone has written a script that dumps the running config, parses for AP name and a patricular setting, and then prints the output in a list...

Regards

Another "half-idea": have a look on the DHCP server and sort existing leases by name. If you have named your APs using a sequence you could see most of them in that lease table list.

Good idea, but I don't have access to the DHCP server .

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Querying for DHCP enabled APs on WLC5500

You need an editor like Edit Pad Pro... I dump all the AP configuration from the show run and then you can use regular expressions to filter so you can see the info you want.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
Views
Helpful
Replies