Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Question about moving additional licenses from one WLC to another

Hi all,

I don't know if this question has been aswered before, I started few search with no result.

My question is, if I have one 5508 with additional licenses (i.e. 5508 with 100 initial licenses, and 50 additional licenses via e-delivery) and it goes down, and I purchase another 5508 with 100 licenses, can I reuse these 50 licenses I purchased before in new WLC?

Thank you.

Regards,

Libera TAC Team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Question about moving additional licenses from one WLC to an

No it doesn't. You just need to make sure you have your license info so that TAC can lookup your license. Either your PAK or your sales order should work. You might also require SmartNet to.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES

From what I know is that any adder license can be moved by re-hosting the license. Licenses that can't be moved are permanent license that come with the WLC. In your example, it would be the 100 ap license that could not be moved, but the 50 would be able to.

-Scott

Question about moving additional licenses from one WLC to anothe

Hi Scott,

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I think that re-host capability is precisely what I'm looking for. One more question, does original WLC (the one with added licenses) need to be powered up in order to do the rehosting?

Thanks.

No it doesn't. You just need to make sure you have your license info so that TAC can lookup your license. Either your PAK or your sales order should work. You might also require SmartNet to.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content