Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question, many wireless clients connecting in one loacation.

I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. From what I have read, if you have more than 25-30 clients conncted to a single AP then bandwidth becomes an issue. We have situation in which up to 70 wireless clients will be gathering in a conference room that has one 1130AG LWAPP and I would like to add 2 more AP's to the room to accomodate the extra clients. Will the WLC and AP's automatically disperse the client connections between the 3 access points so that none of the access points become overloaded with too many connections? If not, does anyone have a suggestion on how I should approach this problem?

The equipment used is as follows:

4402 WLC

1130AG access points

HP 6735B laptops with Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN adapters

Windows XP Professional

Thanks for the help.

Mark

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Question, many wireless clients connecting in one loacation.

If this is a small area then I recommend no more the three APs so the non-overlapping channels (1, 6 and 11) will not be having interference.

There's an option in the WLC on the Maximum number of Clients can associate.  By default it's set to 25.  How many clients can associate to an AP will also depend on the proximity of the APs to the clients and their respective signal strength.

Re: Question, many wireless clients connecting in one loacation.

Thanks for the help. I did install only 3 AP's in the conference room but also set aggressive load balancing on that particular WLC as well. I will look into limiting the number of associations when I get back to work.

Views
Helpful
Replies