Replies

Question to reset AP 3602 inside the WLC browser:::

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Attached screenshot is a 3602i AP.  The WLC is a 2504 running 7.4.110.0

3602.png

Question:::

When the Clear All Config button is depressed, what command is getting executed on the AP?

When the Clear Config Except Static IP button is depressed, what command is getting executed on the AP?

7 Replies 7

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Rob,

Great question.  Now I am not entirely certain, but I believe the equivalent CLI command being used is 'clear capwap private-config' when 'Clear All Config' is depressed.  I am assuming that 'Clear Config Except Static IP' would be the same but still retaining the bvi1 ip address configuration.

Cheers,
Erwin

How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
When the Clear All Config button is depressed, what command is getting executed on the AP?

I believe it is "clear capwap private".

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thanks guys.

i will try it on a 3602 i have in my cube tomorrow when i get in:::

Neither command works on the 3602i

Wait a second, this AP is in autonomous mode.  Let me convert it then try the command....

My mistake. I was consoled into the 2602 on my desk that was in autonmous mode and not  the 3602.

When I changed over, I see the command does work. 

Too early in the morning I guess::: lol

Thanks again guys for your input---

I think though that if that ap joined a WLC and then you tried to issue that command, it would fail. Try to join that first to a WLC and then try the command.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card