Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about default AP group

marioderosa2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i am trying to understand whether it is possible to have newly provisioned AP's boot up with NO SSID's assigned to them by default.

As i understand it, all APs & the first 16 SSIDs all join the default group.

This is a pain as it means that we will have to have an AP properly physically installed before we are able to join it to a controller. We do not want AP's on our workbenches having live clients associated to them.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

thanks

Mario                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could do this by using WLAN ID > 16 when defining your WLANs. In this way those won't advertise in default AP group.

HTH

Rasika

**** Please rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You could do this by using WLAN ID > 16 when defining your WLANs. In this way those won't advertise in default AP group.

HTH

Rasika

**** Please rate all useful responses ****

is there any way i can change the ID without deleting the SSID and creating it again from scratch?

can i do this via the CLI?

thanks

Mario

No, you cannot change the WLAN ID without deleting & creating it again.

If you are using default settings (ie broadcast SSID, WPA2/AES-802.1x, QoS profile-Silver, WMM-allow, CHd-enable,P2P-disabled) you can simply use following CLI context to do that (assuming WLAN ID 1 to be deleted & recreated as ID 17)

config wlan delete 1

config wlan create 17 ABC ABC

config wlan interface 17

config wlan enable 17

If any other features configured for this WLAN then you need to enable them via GUI or CLI. Below post should help you to understand more CLI commands to do this.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/05/16/wlan-config-via-cli-part-1/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card