Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Questions to Cisco WAP371 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access-Point with Single Point Setup

Hello Cisco Community,

I am locking for a good wireless-lan solution for a big apartment. Requirements are to cover the hole apartment with high speed wireless lan. Up to 10 clients at the same time should connect. Must have actual AC-Standard. Should work without any wireless lan controller (too expensive for home use…)

I think three or more acces-points are necessary. Most important thing for me is perfect Roaming between the different access-point. So I want to walk across the apartment with my mobile devices without any interrupts. The mobile device should always connect to the best access-point automatically.

In the internet I found the WAP371 AC/N with Single Point Setup. I want to connect three of these to a non-managed switch. Would everything work as required? In the datasheet a network diagram is shown with a managed switch. Is a managed switch really necessary? Does Roaming really work?

Thanks and kind regards

Ralf

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Hello, Ralf. Managed switch

Hello, Ralf. 

Managed switch is recommended if you want to setup VLAN within switches. You can already setup multiple SSIDs on the WAP371 (one of our latest AC APs) if you wish to have a separate guest wireless access from your internal users. Are you already working with any Cisco partner or vendor for this concern?

Let me know if you have other concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Hi Adawa, Thanks for feedback

Hi Adawa,

Thanks for feedback.

VLAN, multiple SSID and guest wireless lan is not necessary.

In this project no other components are existing till yet. I am in the planning Phase.

Only important thing in this project is high-speed AC-Standard an good roaming between more APs.

Best regards from Germany

Ralf

Hi all,Is there already a

Hi all,

Is there already a solution in place?

I have installed two WAP371 using single point setup.
Wireless LAN is performing well but roaming is not working correctly.
The clients need to rejoin the wireless signal on the second AP.

Do you have a hint on that topic?

Thanks and BR, Stefan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content